Lactic Acid Enzyme Reactivators are a collection of powerful Enzyme Reactivation treatments targeting sun damage, pigmentation, hydration and rough texture. Lactic Acid is a hydrophilic organic acid of the Alpha Hydroxy Acid group that promotes healthy desquamation of corneocytes from the stratum corneum. It has a high af nity for the moisture content of corneocytes and rapidly lowers the skin’s pH level, encouraging the activation of enzymes that facilitate a shedding of super uous surface cells. This result in a reduction of ne lines and an overall improvement in skin tone and texture. Continued treatment with RATIONALE Lactic Acid Enzyme Reactivators also helps to resurface the skin and treat scarring, hydrate and prevent Trans- Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL), targeting hyperpigmentation and sun damage to restore a healthier, youthful and deeply luminous skin tone.
Available in four professional strengths: 10%, 20%, 40%, 60%
• Rejuvenates the skin,targeting the signs of ageing by stimulating collagen synthesis
and scar management post-breakout
• Restores radiance for dull,sallow or lack-lustre skin • Increases skin integrity overtime
- Recalibrates skin pH to a youthful, acidic level
- Stimulates collagen production and encourages cell renewal, helping to plump new
lines and prevent deeper-set wrinkles
- Effectively brightens hyper pigmentation, the effects of sun damage and Post-
Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIHP) following skin trauma
- Applies skin hydration by drawing water to the epidermis
- Suitable for the treatment of acne and congestion(comedones and
underlying cysts), helping to renew the appearance of pores and beneficial for skin
texture resurfacing; aiding the treatment of scar management post-breakout
- Resurfaces rough skin texture by encouraging healthy cellular desquamation
- Restores radiant luminosity for dull, lack lustre skin
- Increases skin integrity,particularly in severely sun damaged skin types
- Provide nutrients to skin cells, help to proliferate broblasts and retain optimal skin hydration levels
- Balance the removal of dead skin cells,excess dirt,debris and sebum with a replenishment of light weight hydration to the stratum corneum
Skin Minerals (Magnesium, Calcium, Copper + Zinc)
• Boostoverallskinhealthandresilience,strengthentheskin’sbarrier • Prevent TEWL and rehydrate the stratum corneum
• Encourage soft,supple skin texture
Lactic Acid: An Alpha Hydroxy Acid
RATIONALE Lactic Acid Enzyme Reactivators are a collection of powerful Enzyme Reactivation treatments for photo damaged skin. Lactic Acid belongs to the family of Alpha-Hydroxy Acids, found naturally within our bodies and derived from milk products, but can be synthetically produced as well. Skin identical formulations of Lactic Acid allow for higher bioavailability and result in the effective encouragement of healthy desquamation and increased hydration within the skin. In lower clinical-strengths, Lactic Acid induces
a moisturising effect by drawing water to the epidermal layers of the skin, concurrently preventing TEWL through the increased production of the skin’s natural Ceramides and Lipids. In higher clinical concentrations, Lactic Acid gently breaks down the glue-like intercellular bonds found between epidermal cells that prevent optimal desquamation. Lactic Acid can also work to stimulate broblast activity within the deeper, basal and dermal layers of
the skin, increasing cellular turnover to a healthy rate and inducing collagen synthesis to help thicken the dermis and create a more structured, compact epidermis. Lactic Acid has proven its ef cacy for the treatment of many dermatological conditions such as actinically photo damaged and photoimmunosuppressed skin, hyperpigmentation and melasma, xerosis, acne, congested comedones and super cial scarring. RATIONALE Lactic Acid Enzyme Reactivators also help to bind moisture to the stratum corneum and in turn, rehydrates the skin to amplify radiance and luminosity. The stimulation of collagen and broblast activity within deeper layers of the skin helps boost rejuvenation processes in order to treat and prevent the signs of ageing and sun damage. The result is a brighter complexion and smoother, suppler skin texture.
Existing Enzyme Reactivation Clients
RATIONALE Lactic Acid Enzyme Reactivators are the perfect prescription option for existing Enzyme Reactivation clients in-clinic, due to its powerful ability to treat skin that has been strengthening both at-home using Hydroxy Acids and in-clinic beginning on Pyruvic Acid. The Lactic Acid range must only be employed once the client’s skin has been appropriately prepared and the Consultant understands how the skin will respond to lower-dose Enzyme Reactivators as a prerequisite eg. Pyruvic Acid.
Treatment of Skin Conditions Long-Term
RATIONALE Lactic Acid Enzyme Reactivators are the perfect ongoing prescription option for clients who have previously experienced Enzyme Reactivation in-clinic and whose skin requires progression onto Lactic Acid
in order to target and manage the treatment of longer-term skin conditions, once initial in ammatory barrier impairment conditions have been alleviated. For example; pigmentation, the treatment and prevention of ageing and sun damage.